How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Divorce question - on Iowa Divorce decree. Can you help

Customer Question

Divorce question - on Iowa Divorce decree. Can you help?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the post, has the husband filed a petition with the court to compel the wife's agreement to sell (via court order)? If not, this should be the husband's first course of action.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What do you mean compel to sell? Is this a type of agreement? Have spoke with attorney said to work with wife. courts don't adjust decrees.
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
By compel I mean encourage and if necessary force your wife to agree to the sale via court order. The court will adjust decrees.