How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42873
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am the custodial parent of my two children. their father

This answer was rated:

i am the custodial parent of my two children. their father is trying to get full custody becaue i have epilespy and and i dropped the kids off at my mother's house. i am medicated and the seizures are controlled and only occur in my sleep. does he have a case?..he really only wants to claim them on his taxes
Thanks for your question.I do not think so.If the children are prospering then there is no change of circumstances that warrants modification here.He has to show that this is also in the best interests of the children

.You should respond in writing here under the case number XXXXX contest his application in this matter.Sign it and file it with the court.If you can afford lawyer or legal aid this might well assist you in presentation of your case this matter.Your medical problems are not sufficient reason to change custody and I think the court would agree.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
let me be clear..he said he video tapped me "driving" so that is his whole argument..other than that both children are well adjusted, and on the honor roll..they have no behavior problems and are not on medication..he's threatening my parents and husband
I don't see that he has valid grounds here to get court to modify and change custody.I mean you have a medical condition, so what.Lots of people have such conditions but it doesn't make them bad parents.The kids are doing fine here botXXXXX XXXXXne.
Ray and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you