How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dkennedy Your Own Question
dkennedy, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6009
Experience:  Juris Doctorate Degree
Type Your Legal Question Here...
dkennedy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has threatened to hit me infront of my son, I left

This answer was rated:

My husband has threatened to hit me infront of my son, I left the house in the best interest of my son and I. Can I get a restraining order against him and regain axcess to my home and my belongings? Even after I have already left the premises?



You certainly can get a restraining order, even if you don't live there. In most cases, the abuser will be ordered out of the house. Please click on the following link and review the information about Missouri restraining orders.

Missouri Restraining Orders

You can have someone go with you, such as an advocate, to help you get this restraining order. Best of luck to you.

dkennedy and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you