How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 40996
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking to retrieve a vehicle that is underwater. It is

Customer Question

I am looking to retrieve a vehicle that is underwater. It is not a boat. The original owner is deceased. It has been abandoned for about eight years. If I retrieve the vehicle do I have exclusive rights to sell the components? Is there a legal procedure that I should observe to protect my investment in time and money to rcover the vehicle? I will be very grateful for any help that anyone can offer...
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.You would have to apply here for a salvage title here through the dmv here.This may take awhile since the original owner is deceased.If there is an estate here they may seek to contest your title application.I am not sure that this is worth your while here because getting these titles can take some serious time and energy here.But it would be your call.


Edited by RayAnswers on 2/1/2010 at 1:53 AM EST