Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am looking to retrieve a vehicle that is underwater. It is

Customer Question
not a boat. The original...
I am looking to retrieve a vehicle that is underwater. It is not a boat. The original owner is deceased. It has been abandoned for about eight years. If I retrieve the vehicle do I have exclusive rights to sell the components? Is there a legal procedure that I should observe to protect my investment in time and money to rcover the vehicle? I will be very grateful for any help that anyone can offer...
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
2/1/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.You would have to apply here for a salvage title here through the dmv here.This may take awhile since the original owner is deceased.If there is an estate here they may seek to contest your title application.I am not sure that this is worth your while here because getting these titles can take some serious time and energy here.But it would be your call.

Reference.

Edited by RayAnswers on 2/1/2010 at 1:53 AM EST
Ray, Lawyer