How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42293
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a problem with my landlord and i am trying to get an

Customer Question

i have a problem with my landlord and i am trying to get an order of protection from court without hiring a lawyer can i do that and what i am supposed to do to get it. the landlord has not done major stuff but he lives underneath me and he knocks on the door every day for whatever reason. he verbally abusive I have a family and when i am not around he butts in the house everytime i am trying to not let him do that. he only can get his check and that is it.

tenant in the Bronx
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Sorry but you will need a lawyer her to seek restraining order or order of protection.He is harassing you here and a lawyer could seek legal protection.But this requires a private lawyer because the district attorney only deals with domestic violence issues.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.

1(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr /> [email protected]

Need to Hire an Attorney in New York?

Contact our service for assistance in finding a lawyer in your area. In the event that we do not offer lawyer referrals in your county we will provide you with contact information for a lawyer referral service that does.