How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a California resident. Can I sue my uncle in Oregons

Resolved Question:

I am a California resident. Can I sue my uncle in Oregon's small claims court (he is an Oregon resident)? I loaned him $4,200 three years ago, to pay his taxes, and he has not paid me back. He claimed he would pay me back three months after borrowing the money.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Yes you can sue him in small claims court in Oregon. You would file in the county where he lives. Here is the information and it does not matter that you are a resident of California.
lwpat and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So I can sue for a "personal (family) loan" in Oregon small claims court?