How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need case law or authority to cite in drafting an answer to

This answer was rated:

Need case law or authority to cite in drafting an answer to a Motion for Summary Jugement. I am claiming there is a material dispute regarding an undisputed fact.
You will need case law and you also need to do some research at your local law library on how to draft your memorandum. You will file a reply in opposition the the motion and also a memorandum of law in opposition. If the clerk is helpful she may print out the file from a similar case. This is really the point in time where you need an attorney. Here is a site where you can find information on legal writing and then a site where you can do free case research.
lwpat and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you