How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anne Your Own Question
Anne, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2302
Experience:  Trial Lawyer, 15 Years Experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Anne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On Jan 6 there was mediation between parties and the mediation

Resolved Question:

On Jan 6 there was mediation between parties and the mediation is not suitable to us and it looks like a punishment. How can it be changed. Please guide us.
Thank you.
Muhammed Sheikh.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Anne replied 7 years ago.

Mediation happens when parties either voluntarily, or pursuant to court order, get together to try to resolve their differences without a Court trial. The dispute is discussed, and often times a mediator proposes as settlement. However, the parties to the mediation do not have to agree to what the mediator proposes.


If you do not want to agree to what the mediator suggested, then don't sign whatever agreement he or she proposed.


You can - and should - request the trial you mentioned.

Anne and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

We do not know if the mediation is finalized yet. Because our lead attorney ask couple of informations regarding us so ustin. It is very confusing. Please show the course of action.

Your consideration and help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

M Sheik/ New York.

Expert:  Anne replied 7 years ago.
  1. Please advise your attorney immediately (tomorrow) that you do not agree with the resolution achieved at the mediation.
  2. Tell him or her that you will not sign the settlement agreement reached at the mediation.
  3. Tell him or her to request a trial.

Good luck, and thank you for your courtesy.

Related Legal Questions