How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41667
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friends Ex-husband is suing my friend for custody of their

Resolved Question:

My friends Ex-husband is suing my friend for custody of their 9 year old son. The ex-husbands lawyer served my friends court papers for the following week. However we are in the Navy and leave for about 2 weeks. What can my friend do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.She really needs a lawyer here to respond and seek to continue the matter until she can attend.A lawyer can seek continuance and allow her to prepare for hearing to fight for her kids.She is going to need to obtain a lawyer here to fight for her kids.
Ray and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.

Washington State Lawyer Referral Services

The lawyer referral services listed are for the general public - there are no financial eligibility requirements. The lawyers charge their regular fees for services after the initial consultation. These are not low-cost or reduced fee attorney panels. People seeking low cost or free legal services should contact CLEAR at 1-888-201-1014.

Most programs will refer to surrounding counties.

Clark County
Southwest Washington Lawyer Referral Service(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
King County
King County Lawyer Referral Service(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Kitsap County
Kitsap County Lawyer Referral Service(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Lewis County
Lewis County Lawyer Referral Program(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Pierce County
Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Lawyer Referral(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Snohomish County
Snohomish County Bar Referral Service(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Spokane County
Spokane County Bar Association
Click on "Online Lawyer Referral Service"

Related Legal Questions