How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Washington State Supreme Court Denied Discretionary Review

Resolved Question:

Washington State Supreme Court Denied Discretionary Review of my emploment discrimination case. What remedies are available to me?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Tina replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance. We are happy to assist you. However, we need a bit more information to more fully answer your question.

Did you file a complaint with the EEOC? How long has it been since the conduct occurred?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The case went through EEOC and then State Superior Court dismissed on summary judgment and through Appeals court and finally filed to Washinton State Supreme Court for Discretionary Review
Expert:  Tina replied 7 years ago.
I see. You have exhausted your remedied then. I am sorry, but you have gone through the process and the courts appear to have agreed with the granting of summary judgment against you.

Please let me know if you need clarification.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Tina G


Please press the green "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered/clarified your question. Positive feedback and a bonus are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. It is highly recommended that you seek representation by a local attorney for all legal matters. The state bar association can provide you with attorney referrals. Please remember that I cannot know what you know unless you tell me. There may be important factors that are relevant to your question that I am not aware of in your specific situation, but I will always do my best to be professional, courteous, and prompt.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are there no other remedies through Federal Courts?
Expert:  Tina replied 7 years ago.
No. I am sorry, but the appellate process has been exhausted. You could have filed in federal court originally, but it is too late now. There you are still limited to the court of appeals and US Supreme Court discretionary review.

Take care.
Tina and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you