How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Five years ago, I met an old girlfriend with a child. We started

Customer Question

Five years ago, I met an old girlfriend with a child. We started to see each other and got married. I started to talk to her about adopting her son and she told me that we can save the money and avoid the courts if I would only fill out the paper work and place my name on her son birth certificate. I did. Now I am living in the Virgin Islands and she is in Atlanta and does not want to live here. She is now filling for Child support. Do I have to pay the child support?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Are you the father of the child biologically, or not? If not, have you ACTED like you were, or never really did?