How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawdoctor Your Own Question
Lawdoctor, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1400
Experience:  22+ years legal practice including corporate, business, criminal, entertainment and litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawdoctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is Alex i have a current workers comp claim in illinois

Resolved Question:

My name is XXXXX XXXXX have a current workers comp claim in illinois where i was injured in a vehicle accident while working i suffered from back spasms and went to the doctor where i found out i had three bulging disc in my neck i recieved three injections in my neck and they helped somewhat but i have popping in my neck now that the doctor says i will have forever and i have pain still from time to time i was just wondering if at all what i could be looking to recieve in a settlement ballpark figure of course
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lawdoctor replied 7 years ago.
Dear Alex:

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

I am very sorry to hear of your accident and your neck injury. I have personal experienced in such an injury and my thoughts are with you.

A lot of different factors go into what a reasonable settlement would be in an individual case. First is your age and if you had a pre-existing injury with your neck. Second would be any other contributing factors such as where you at fault in the accident, are there any third party liablity issues out there and many other factors.

If you do not have an attorney, you need to find one. With your injuries, the insurance company is going to say that your bulging disc are pre-existing and thus try to lower your settlement amount. Do not let them cheat you, find an experienced and reputable workers compensation attorney or firm to handle this for you. If you do not know of any attorney, you can seek a referral through the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, they are plaintiffs lawyers that only represent people who are injured.

Here is the weblink for them:

You asked about ball park figures for you case, again, you have not given enough facts to even attempt an educated guess, but here are a couple of links that list settled cases and amounts. Remember these amounts are on cases that have a lot more facts than you see on the site, so these may be a lot lower or a lot higher than the value of your case.

This is not a promotion of these firms, but they are settlements that I found which can give you an idea of your case value. Please understand that these firms put out the best of the best cases for you to see and these are not typical settlement amounts.

Please make sure you find a lawyer to repesent you. They take these cases on contingency so you will not have to pay out of pocket, the fees are from the settlement amount, so it gives the lawyer an incentive to get as much for you as possible.

I wish you the best and Happy New Year.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Good luck and Godspeed.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.
If I don’t’ answer immediately, I may be offline. If so, I will answer as soon as I come back. If I am online, I may be assisting someone else and will respond as soon as I can. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

If the information that I provided was helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Bonuses are gladly accepted. Thank you and good luck!

Please remember that we have not created an attorney-client relationship, and that my post is not intended to be specific legal advice. The answers given are limited to the information you have provided in your post. For specific legal advice, please consult with an attorney licensed in your state.

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be adequately addressed in this setting, and that I am only licensed to practice law in the states of Florida and Mississippi. Accordingly, you acknowledge (1) that we have not formed an attorney-client relationship, and (2) that my post is general information only and not specific legal advice.

Lawdoctor and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you