How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father is currently in prison in WV. He has been denied

Resolved Question:

My father is currently in prison in WV. He has been denied adequate medical care and now has terminal cancer because of it. I would like to know if I have grounds to file a lawsuit against the prison and/or the US Bureau of Prisons.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the post. Yes, you do indeed have grounds to file suit. The US Supreme Court has declared the failure to provide necessary medical care the equivalent of cruel and usual punishment, and therefore a violation of the 8th Amendment.
MShore and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you