INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I have just received an eviction notice from the manager of

Customer Question

I have just received an eviction notice from the manager of my apartment for noise. I do not generate any noise and feel that my downstairs neighbors are very unreasonableI keep all my sound generating items, tv at the level where I can just hear it . I have disable 4 of the 8 spearkers and also my subwoofer, I have also placed 1.5" of sound proof insulation under the two speaker that touch the floor.
I am really very carefull about keeping the sound level at a minimum
I don't want to be evicted.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
Do you have a lease?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes I have lease
The burden is on the landlord to prove in court breach of lease. You can refute it in court. Judges rarely evict for this reason especially if landlord cannot prove the point.