SavyLawyer
SavyLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed to practice law, I have experience in dealing with a wide variety of legal issues.
14926557

What needs to be included in a no trespassing letter , concerning

What needs to be included in a "no trespassing letter", concerning a private residence, in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Expert:  SavyLawyer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for contacting the just answer team.

There is no special formula that your letter needs to follow. What it does need to include are:

(1) A clear description, with dates, of instances of what you consider to be trespassing

(2) A clear statement that this individual does not have, under any circumstances, permission from you, the property owner/renter, to come on to your property, and that any further attempts to do so will be considered trespassing by you.

(3) A statement that coming on to your property without permission is a violation of both criminal and civil law, and that any future instances of this person entering your property without permission will result in the police being called, and the possibility of a civil suit.

Make sure to send the letter certified mail, so that you have a record of sending the letter and of its delivery.

I hope this helps, and thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please remember to click the green ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work.

Take care