Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
18539850

What constitutes child pornography Are non-nude child modeling

What constitutes child pornography? Are non-nude child modeling sites illegal? They state they are.
Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.

What constitutes pornography is hard to define. In fact, a U.S. Supreme Court justice from many years ago once made a statement to the effect of, "It's difficult to define pornography, but I know it when I see it."

It's a safe statement to make that if the child is nude and the pictures are on the internet that it is quite probably pornography and you should avoid it. If the child is FULLY clothed, it would be much less likely to be considered pornographic. I would suggest you would need to address each picture individually and put it in context:

• Is any genitalia exposed?
  • Is there any suggestive posing?
  • Is the child engaged, or appearing to be engaged, in any sexual acts?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, it would probably be considered pornographic.

Child pornography laws are, understandably, harsh. As such, my strong suggestion would be to avoid anything that MIGHT be pornographic.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!