How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Texas.Lost wife 6 years 1/10/10.ALL Holdings were

Customer Question

I live in Texas.Lost wife 6 years 1/10/10.ALL Holdings were taken care of without.probate exceot our home.Deed shows betty @ don.What can i do to remove her from deed besides probate?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Here I assume that there was no will and no joint tenancy agreement. Texas is a community property state and does not recognize a tenancy by the entirety. Since there was not a separate joint tenancy agreement the house does not automatically pass to you by operation of law. Therefore the only way to transfer the property entirely into your name is XXXXX XXXXX probate process. In Texas it is required that you retain an attorney to file.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My question was for a solution other than probate.will I be charged????
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You are not charged unless you accept. Unfortunately there is no other solution.