lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

I live in Texas.Lost wife 6 years 1/10/10.ALL Holdings were

Customer Question

I live in Texas.Lost wife 6 years 1/10/10.ALL Holdings were taken care of without.probate exceot our home.Deed shows betty @ don.What can i do to remove her from deed besides probate?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Here I assume that there was no will and no joint tenancy agreement. Texas is a community property state and does not recognize a tenancy by the entirety. Since there was not a separate joint tenancy agreement the house does not automatically pass to you by operation of law. Therefore the only way to transfer the property entirely into your name is XXXXX XXXXX probate process. In Texas it is required that you retain an attorney to file.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My question was for a solution other than probate.will I be charged????
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You are not charged unless you accept. Unfortunately there is no other solution.