How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

While visiting Washington DC recently, I returned to the hotel

Customer Question

While visiting Washington DC recently, I returned to the hotel after their room service was closed for the night. On the clerk's recommendation, I ordered some take-out to be delivered. We ate some of it and took the leftovers home to Delaware, where we ate the food for dinner the following evening. As I ate the lo-mein, I found myself jabbed by a piece of wire in the food. It is heavy enough to cut oneself, yet small enough that I could easily have swallowed it. I am surprised and repulsed, but thankful that my 5-year old didn't get the dangerous serving. My mouth is healed, I have the wire, and my receipts. Have I any recourse? Who should the lesson here: me or the restaurant?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 7 years ago.
did you seek medical attention that day or later, or any pictures?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No medical attention necessary, thank goodness. As mentioned, I have the physical evidence, although none (admittedly) that proves that it came from lo-mein. So disturbing, though! Can they just get away with that?
Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 7 years ago.
no I would see a medical doctor and get the physical evidence verified by a physician or nurse and have an attorney write the restaurant a letter stating to them the events and that a civil suit for damages will be made unless they pay for your injuries. Also advise to them you will do everything in your power to have them lose their license.