How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 57732
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a package of laser hair removal treatments from a

Customer Question

I bought a package of laser hair removal treatments from a company called Hair Today Gone Tomorrow. On my first visit, the tech failed to tell me to remove my lipstick and she burned me. I called the main company (which everything seems to go through) and asked to be refunded for the remainder of my treatments and they agreed. They never refunded me and I tried contacting them numerous times, but I could not reach anyone but appointment people and they kept telling me that someone would get back to me. Meanwhile the branch that I went to closed, but the main company is still open. I contacted the BBB, but they could not get anyone either. They owe me $350, but I'm not sure what to do now. How do I file a claim against them?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
Are you both in Ohio?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm in Ohio, the original place I went to is in Ohio, but I'm not sure where the main branch is. The website does not give this information. All appt. were made through a main branch.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You can begin with a complaint with the BBB and department of consumer affairs. You can also sue in your county if they have an office in small claims court.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did begin with a BBB report, but they said they could not contact anyone. What do I ask for at a small claims court? What will I need with me?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You would go there and file a complaint. The clerk will give you a form and then schedule a trial date. When the the case is heard bring any documents you have showing the debt due and witness if available.