How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 55284
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My former boss passed away,but before his passing he made arraingements

Customer Question

My former boss passed away,but before his passing he made arraingements for the corporation he held 100% stock in. He offered to leave it to myself and one other employee. I didnot want to take 1/2 the business. He wanted to leave me something so he wrote up a contract that states I keep my job until I am ready to retire and get a 6% raise each year. This was done with the company Lawyer. Now, the other employee who now ownes 100% stock is unhappy with my contract, and is treating me unfairly. He wrote me up for silly little things. Made it appear that he does not trust me. We only have two employees in the office and he is now saying he can't justify haveing both of us. Can I do anything?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Good evening. You have a binding contract, but it would be a tough work environment to work in a situation where the remaining boss is not happy with you. I would do the following: 1) first, sit down with the guy and tell him you have a binding contract and if he is going to forever attempt to make life miserable, then he needs to buy you out of the contract; then 2) second, if he is not willing to back off or buy you out, but insists on continuing his harrassing behavior, you should file a law suit against him for tortiously interfering with your contract with the company.



I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!


If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.


If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.


The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have already offered to have him buy me out of my contract. He says he doesn't want to do that.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Then if he continues to harrass you, and he will not voluntarily stop, you need to file a law suit against him for interferring with your contract.



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What type of Lawyer would you suggest I hire?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.
I would suggest a commerial litigator. If you do not know of one, contact the State Bar Association and they will make several referrals for you! Good luck to you! Don't let this guy get away with this! :)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.
My pleasure!