How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i want them to repo my car ,and they take it, they cant

This answer was rated:

if i want them to repo my car ,and they take it, they cant sell it for what i owe, there will probably be a 6000 dollar difference, in texas, can they make you repay the difference if i have a good job anyway, im not worried about credit issues at this point, i cant sell the catr anyway, thanksa for your reply, Ed

Thank you for your question.

If you voluntarily surrender your car and it is sold, the difference between the amount that is owed and what is received in the sale can be assessed against you in a deficiency judgment. In Texas the judgment can not be used to garnish your wages
Ellen and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you