Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am at a costumer Service Airline job where we have to take

Customer Question
money and have no secure...
I am at a costumer Service Airline job where we have to take money and have no secure drawer or looked till to put the money in ,we are provided an envelope to put money in .Well my money was stolen and now I am suspended from work ,so I am being acussed of takind the money .But this has happend to other people also not just my self on days I was not working.
so what can I do if I loose my job over $80.00 as I did not steal this money .
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2009
Lawyer: JB Umphrey, Attorney replied 7 years ago
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your situation. Did you have a written employment agreement or contract with your employer?

No just filled an application they dont have contracts

When are you going to hear back from them?
I am to call them in two days
Well, unfortunately, all you can do is call them back and see what they're going to do.

Since you didn't have a written employment agreement or contract with them, that means you are an at-will employee. That means they can let you go any time for pretty much well any reason. They can't fire you because of your race, gender, age, etc. but anything else is free game. That's the whole nature of "at will" employment.

So, if you do lose your job, all you can do is try to file for unemployment.

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney