How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34472
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother had my mothers power of attorney. He recently

Resolved Question:

My brother had my mother's power of attorney. He recently passed away, can the power of attorney be transfeered to another family member?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 7 years ago.
The power of attorney should have had a successor named in the document. If it did not, your mother will have to execute a new power of attorney (with a successor named). If she is not competent to execute a POA, it will have to go before a judge to have a successor appointed.
Loren and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you