How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 57372
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend, who lives in a different state (Maryland) ran

Resolved Question:

My boyfriend, who lives in a different state (Maryland) ran up charges on a credit card that I had given him (my account with his name added to the account). He agreed in writing to pay the card back, making one payment a month until the card is paid in full. He has failed to repay the card per our agreement. What legal recourse do I have? I live in South Carolina.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You are fortunate to have this written agreement. It makes it an easier case and removes his defense that you are liable or that any charges were done with your consent or as gifts. Now for procedure, you want to sue where he is located. For this purpose you would have a local lawyer in his state sue him and secure a judgment. This should not cost you upfront since you can hire a lawyer on percentage basis. see for a local directory. A lawyer letter may also prompt his payment.
INFOLAWYER and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you