How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you notice that a business partner utilized the business

Resolved Question:

If you notice that a business partner utilized the business funds for personal use can embesslement charges be filed again that person? If so, can you recommend a good prosecuter attorney for Chicago, Il.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

If you believe that a business partner embezzled, then you contact the police department in the jurisdiction where the business is located. They will assign a detective to investigate. The detective will take the results of the investigation to the prosecutor for that area to review whether any criminal charges will be filed.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
JB Umphrey and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you