How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can a guy give up his parental rights to a child thats on

Resolved Question:

can a guy give up his parental rights to a child that's on the way if the mother is going to keep it.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the post, if the mother names you on the birth certificate as the father the decision to give up parental rights is not entirely yours. The court must approve your termination of parental rights. So, to answer your question, it really depends on the birth certificate.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

If at birth, the mother agrees to keep the fathers name off the birth certificate can she go back later and put the name on it?

Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Yes, she can later amend the birth certificate to name you as the father.
MShore and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you