Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

what do i need to do if i got 3 speeding tickets in less than

Customer Question
a year...
what do i need to do if i got 3 speeding tickets in less than a year
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
11/9/2009
Lawyer: RBinJax, Attorney replied 8 years ago
RBinJax
RBinJax, Attorney

You need to find a local attorney who handles traffic tickets and can try to work something out with the judge or hearing officer about the tickets. You certainly can wait and see if the officer does not show up on ticket number 2, but if he does and you are not prepared, you are sunk.

Most attorneys do not charge much for handling tickets, and you can search online for attorney services that will represent you on tickets for as little as $150 per ticket. I know that it is tempting to represent yourself, but you are much safer having a professional handle the matters for you, and the long term pototntial monetary savings far outwigh the immediate outgo.

If you can get one dismissed and perhaps plea to a reduced speed on the other, you will be doing well, particulary if the judge will withhold adjudication on the ticket to which you plea so that no points go on your license.

I hope this answers your questions. Please click Accept so that I may be credited for my assistance. Thank you and good luck.

RBinJax
RBinJax, Attorney
Thank you for the advise and i guess it is worth to hire an attorney.

There is simply too much long term risk to not do so, and the points accumulation alone is enough to cause potential suspension problems with your license, particularly if you get any more tickets in the near future.

I am glad this helped. Please click Accept so that I may be credited for my assistance to you. Thank you and good luck.

RBinJax
RBinJax
RBinJax, Attorney