Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

i need help getting my license back quickly can you help.

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
11/4/2009
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

How did you lose it in the first place?

dwi 5 years ago. did the classes required and they r still holding up my license saying i am a driving hazard i dont drink anymore got rid of my friends and now have a family. i need my license back so i can get a second job to proivde for my family as well as advance in my current job
You are entitled to a hearing when your license has been submitted for suspension. The Director of the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the same person who signed your original driver's license, will issue the Administrative Suspension.

A suspension can only be ordered after a hearing, and the Bureau of Hearings will hear your case. You are not required to bring an attorney to your hearing. However, having your license suspended will have a dramatic effect on you, your family, and your friends. It may be a good idea to consult with an attorney before your hearing date.

If you choose to appeal, be sure you complete and file Request for Administrative Suspension Hearing within 10 days of the conviction. The form is available online using the free Adobe Reader. Mail your appeal paperwork to:

Director of Motor Vehicles
Attn: Bureau of Hearings XXXXXBR>
Concord, NH 03305

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work.

Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if and I would be happy to answer any and all of the follow up questions.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Ely, Counselor at Law