Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Questions to ask during divorce court

Customer Question
Questions to ask during divorce court
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/2/2009
Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
where are you in the divorce?
All court documents filed, trial date set.
is the divorce contested? what are the points of contention?
No kids, no property. Marriage was only for 3 years. She's wanting alimony as she cannot find a job, but has no physical or mental disabilites that prevent her from being employeed.
what is her educational background? what was her last job, and is she currently working? what is her income? what is your income?

Education for both of us is approx 2 years of college. I prsently make about $50K/yr.

Her last job was in Real estate, last year made approx $35K. She had to quit when she couldn't afford the fees to maintain her real estate liscence

does she have any marketable skills?
yes, she has done sales, held real estate liscense, and life insurance liscense. Also been an office manager, worked for a title company.

questions to ask would be:

1) what, if any, efforts she has made to find employment since allowing her real estate license to expire?

2) how much she has in savings?

3) what her living expenses are, and proof of the same?

4) what, if any, plans she has for additional education and the steps she has taken in furtherance thereof?

MShore
MShore, Attorney
MShore
MShore
MShore, Attorney