How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found that my credit report from TransUnion has a public

This answer was rated:

I just found that my credit report from TransUnion has a public record.

According to the credit report, the public record was filed in Jan., 2007 and the plaintiff is Park Place Apt. The docket # XXXXX XXXXX and the amount is $4660. The credit report also shows the court is Wilmington JP Court #12 and the phone number of the court is XXX-XXX-XXXX. So I called this number and the lady in your court who answered my call gave me the phone number of the plaintiff, which is (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

Then I called the plaintiff’s phone number provided by court. I was told that Park Place Apt was sold to Campus Living Villages and the current management is UDEL Studio Green. The Park Place Apt does not exist any more. I asked Jeremy ,who picked up my phone, if she could provide any contact information about the Park Place Apt. she said she really did not know how to contact the park Place Apt. and could not help me.

So the problem is now I cannot find the plaintiff and cannot find why they sued
Thank you for the post, is your question how to dispute the judgment?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My question is how to clear this record?

I am thinking about buying a house, I need to get this clean to get a loan
To get the judgement off your record, you would need to file a petition to vacate the judgement for lack of service. This would be filed with the county court clerk's office.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
But I am in Houston Tx now, How can i file a petition to vocate the judgement for lack of service?

You would file via certified mail with the county clerk where the case was heard and judgement entered.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
when you say county clerk, you mean the county clerk in Delaware or houston, TX?

How and where can I find a county clerk?

Do I need a attorney to do this? How long will this take?


1) the court clerk where the claim was filed and judgement against you entered, I assume this would be Delaware.


2) When you contacted the court where the case was heard, that is the same office you would mail the petition to.


43) No you do not need an attorney, it will take approx 60 days.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just mailed a letter to the court which I got the number from the credit report.

In the letter, I told the judge that I never receive any thing from the plaintiff and the court.

I don't think I owned any money to the plaintiff. I also told the judge, based on the phone number provided by the court, I can not contact the plaintiff because the plaintiff has been sold out.

Do you think is this enough? If it is not enough, whatelses shoud I do?

Thank you very much.
no this is not enough, it will likely be returned to you along with instructions on how to file a motion to have the case brought back before the judge on a motion to vacate the judgement. The problem is that a letter is not a recognized form of communication and the judge cannot act in response to a letter.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So you said I should file a petition, that means some forms I should file? If yes, could you tell me the name of the form I should file out?

I can just filed out this form and mailed to the court, right?

Thank you so much

It is not exactly a form, but a document that is standardized. Here is a sample:



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I need back to DE for the petition motion to vocate?

If I want to hire an attorney, would you like to be my attorney? and How much will you charge?


what do you mean by: "Do I need back to DE for the petition motion to vocate?"
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am in Houston Now.

If i wan to file a petition, do I need to back to DE to file? Or I can do in Houston?

You need to file in Delaware.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can I do it just by mail?

If I want to hire an attorney, would you like to be my attorney? and How much will you charge?

If I hire an attorney, can the attorney to represent me to do this?


Yes you can do it by mail. Unfortunately, I cannot be your attorney per JA rules. If you hire an attorney, it would have to be an attorney in Delaware and yes they can handle the entire matter for you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much.
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to click Accept.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Could you tell me which website I can find an good attorney in DE to help me?
MShore and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you