How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive lived in Southern California, month-to-month, in a roominghouse

Resolved Question:

I've lived in Southern California, month-to-month, in a roominghouse since 1990. Recently, I've been harassed by a fellow tenant, who makes noise at night to keep me awake. What are my rights as a tenant? And how would you suggest I approace my landlord?
Steve [email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
As a tenant you have the right to the quiet enjoyment of your leased space. The best way to handle this with the landlord is via a written request for the landlord to resolve the noise issue. This way you have a paper trail establishing your putting the landlord on notice should you need to break the lease, or call the police and in response to their inquiry of what have you done thus far you can tell them that you tried to resolve this "in house" but the landlord failed to take action (which is why they were called).
MShore and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you