How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I slipp on ice at the county courthouse which resulted in a

Customer Question

I slipp on ice at the county courthouse which resulted in a broken leg. The claims associate states the county is only liable for medical bills that my insurance company does not pay (co-pays). Too bad about the lost wages.

If I decide to go to small claims what are my changes of recovering lost wages?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Very likely if the lost wages are indeed directly attributable to the fall. The lost wages would fall under compensatory damages, as would the medical claims.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What are my options if the insurance carrier states the county does not carry that coverage? Should I file in small claims court?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
If the county is not properly insured, you would file in small claims but be advised that there is a $12,000 cap on small claims damages.