How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found out recently that my wife of 17 years is having

Customer Question

I just found out recently that my wife of 17 years is having an affair . The man who have never heard of comes to my house in the mornig after I go to work and my 2daughters leave for school . My wife is out of town today and I left a message on her phone . the phone was left at home as she could not get it to charge . The message basically said how discusted I was that they would do this in my house and bed . Her clothes are completely soiled and I said to at least have the desency to clean . He now has access to her phone and responded in a threatening matter . I know nothing of person or have ever seennnnnn or heard his name . I am concerned for my daughters , having him in the house to do as he pleases . The house is in my name .
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your circumstances. What is your question that you would like assistance with?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry I am a bit shocked and upset . Can I get a restraining order against this person . I know now only part of his name is XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
If he made any threats of physical harm then you can contact the police but, again, they are going to need a name and contact information.

You may want to consider visiting with a local attorney who specializes in family law / divorce matters for a consultation to further understand and evaluate your options.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!