How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is my husband intittled to 1/2 the property inherited from

Resolved Question:

is my husband intittled to 1/2 the property inherited from my deceaced Mom and Dad 30 years after my marriage to him in New Jersey?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening,






Your husband is not entitled to any gift or inheritance you received during your marriage amd it is not considered "marital property", unless you comingled it with marital property, Ex. You received $10,000 inheritance and you kept it in a separate account - It remains yours and yours alone.

But, consider this Ex. You receive $10,000 inheritance and deposit it in a bank account that has both your name and your husband's name. Yu have comingled the proert and it has lost its character as an "Inheritance".




If your husband has done nothing to harm you physically or mentally, you cannot gt a restraining Order because the law says that you are both entitled to occupy the marital residence.




Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in assisting you.




Leaving positive Feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciated.





ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar


DISCLAIMER: The facts stated herein are information only and are not intended, nor should be construed as legal advice or legal opinion and No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by asking questions and receiving information; laws vary from state to state and to protect your interests, you should seek local counsel


Andrea, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with?


If not, please be kind enough to press the "ACCEPT Button so that I receive credit for helping you. It is the only way I get paid

We work on the honor system at JustAnswer; we spend time and effort to research your question and make sure we give you the correct answer. We hope that the customers of JustAnswer are guided by the same principle of Honor



Member, NY & PA Bar