How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Indiana and I just had a child with my girlfriend.

Resolved Question:

I live in Indiana and I just had a child with my girlfriend. The child is 3 months old. I just kicked her out of the house because i speculated she was cheating and she had a degenerate attitude towards our relationship. This was last week. She took my son and she is staying at her mom's house in Illinois. She is denying me access to my son. Is she breaking the law, any form of parental alienation law that could help me? I need help. I can't see my son..please...Thankyou
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Is there a court order for paternity?

Are there any court orders in place regarding your child as to visitation, custody or child support?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No there is not any court order for paternity, visitation,custody, or support . We just broke up. Her legal residence is illinios and mine is indiana if that helps.
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer- She has broken no laws since you have not established your rights as the father of the child. You will need to file a motion in the court in the county where she and your child reside to establish paternity and visitation. She will be entitled to child support however that is a separate issue from custody and/or visitation. Once you obtain an order for visitation you will be able to see your child.


Dave Kennett

Dave Kennett and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you