How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There are several unsubstantiated reports made to CPS here

Resolved Question:

There are several unsubstantiated reports made to CPS here in the state of AZ made against me: my ex was trying to win a custody case, which she eventually lost. The court's findings, after a psychologist was involved, was that she is severely mentally ill, has been a danger to our son, and I was granted 75% time with my son.

I would like to have those CPS reports expunged as a matter of principle. how can I do this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening,


You will not get any cooperation from CPS, I can tell you that for sure and those records are not expunged.


The only way you may find some relief, is to file a Petition with the Court asking them to seal the files so that no one has access to them.


It might be a good idea to bring the Petition before the Judge that awarded custody because he already knows the history and it will be a shorter time to wait to see if they will be sealed.




Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in assisting you.




Leaving positive Feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciated.





ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar


DISCLAIMER: The facts stated herein are information only and are not intended, nor should be construed as legal advice or legal opinion and No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by asking questions and receiving information; laws vary from state to state and to protect your interests, you should seek local counsel


Andrea, Esq. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you