How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 38 year old woman and reside in California. My step-father

Resolved Question:

I am a 38 year old woman and reside in California. My step-father passed away in 1999 and was given a military burial, also in California. How would I go about obtaining a DNA sample for paternal comparison?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
a DNA sample from your step father?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes. I believe that he is my biological father and would like a DNA sample to compare to my own. It is a crazy situation, but my mother and "step-father" had an ongoing affair while she was married to someone else. When that marriage disolved, they married (that's how he became my stepfather). The man listed on my birth certificate is her previous husband. I hope this helps!
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
I see, unfortunately, the likelihood of obtaining a court order to dig up the body to take a dna sample is extremely slim and that would be your only way to get the dna sample.
MShore and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you