How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 40970
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im getting a divorce and my wife has a restraining on our

Resolved Question:

I'm getting a divorce and my wife has a restraining on our home I entered the garage while the door was open one day and walked in five feet to looked inside just to see if my stuff was still there. Now shes taken me to court what will happen to me now
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.All you can do here is try to explain the situation.If you could afford a lawyer here you certainly would have better chance.The court decides your punishment for violating the court order.

You are entitled here to fair property division and to have your stuff returned.The court will divide all here is you can't reach agreement.I see the garage as a relative minor violation of the orders that a lawyer could explain away.

I mean no one was harmed, nothing was taken and you left afterwards. I don't see this as a major violation that would result in major penalties.But the judge decides here.
Ray and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Help for you here..

Washington State Lawyer Referral Services

The lawyer referral services listed are for the general public - there are no financial eligibility requirements. The lawyers charge their regular fees for services after the initial consultation. These are not low-cost or reduced fee attorney panels. People seeking low cost or free legal services should contact CLEAR at 1-888-201-1014.

Most programs will refer to surrounding counties.

Clark County
Southwest Washington Lawyer Referral Service(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
King County
King County Lawyer Referral Service(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Kitsap County
Kitsap County Lawyer Referral Service(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Lewis County
Lewis County Lawyer Referral Program(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Pierce County
Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Lawyer Referral(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Snohomish County
Snohomish County Bar Referral Service(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Spokane County
Spokane County Bar Association
Click on "Online Lawyer Referral Service"

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a lawyer and we go to court this Monday! what kind of penalty do you think it will be any any ideas?
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
The court could fine you.I mean really to me this was a violation but you didn't threaten anybody and you didn't even go in the house here.I just don't see this as a major violation..The judge may probate contempt and maybe a fine here.He might give you community service..

Edited by RayAnswers on 11/1/2009 at 2:52 AM EST