Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is it possible to get a moving violation removed from your

Motor Vehicle Record? It...
Is it possible to get a moving violation removed from your Motor Vehicle Record? It was put on supervision which I successfully completed, but because I have a CDL it remains on my MVR.
11/1/2009
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney

Good Evening,

Thank you for your question,

__________________________________________________________________________

ANSWER:

This i hard to believe, but it's easier to get a drug charge expunged from your record than it is to get the DMV to remove anything from a driving record. The only way they come off is with the passage of time. Like the IRS, the DMV makes up its own rules and unless the Illinois Legislature enacts a law that would permit it, it remains on the record.

There is one avenue, that is to speak to your Congressman, seriously.

_________________________________________________________________________

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in assisting you.

Leaving positive Feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciated.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

DISCLAIMER: The facts stated herein are information only and are not intended, nor should be construed as legal advice or legal opinion and No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by asking questions and receiving information; laws vary from state to state and to protect your interests, you should seek local counsel

I hope this has answered your question. If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me. You can do so by putting my name at the beginning of your question.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in assisting you. .

Making a deposit does not constitute an acceptance of my answer; unless you press the ACCEPT button.

______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LL.M.

Member, NY & PA Bar

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney