Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I want to sue Child Protective Services for violating our rights

and for injustice they are...
I want to sue Child Protective Services for violating our rights and for injustice they are doing. Where can I find a civil lawyer to help me?
10/19/2009
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

It is noteworthy that suing government agencies can be difficult due to sovereign immunity. Sovereign immunity protects government agencies from civil actions in many instances. The goal behind sovereign immunity is to ensure that government can function without a constant barrage of lawsuits. However, depending on the nature of CPS's actions, you may have grounds to sue the agency.

You may be able to obtain a free consultation in this matter. Further, you may find that an attorney will represent you on a contingency basis, meaning that you have to pay little or nothing if your cause does not succeed. You can find an attorney using any of the following services:
http://www.lawyers.com

http://www.martindale.com
http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/lris/directory/

If you need additional clarification, please ask a follow-up question and I will be happy to elaborate.

Good luck,
T

_____________________________________

Please click the green
Accept Button for each and every answer and leave Positive Feedback so that I receive credit for answering your question. Bonuses are greatly appreciated. If you fail to click accept, I will not receive any credit at all for my time and my effort spent responding to your question.

Please remember: Feedback is left for me as an answerer. Please do not shoot the messenger. My control over the content of the answer is limited by the restraint of truth.

_____________________________________

Disclaimer
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/services. Correspondence through JustAnswer may be visible to the public. If you need legal advice/services you should seek, in person, a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney at http://www.lawyers.com or http://www.martindale.com.

I truly wish I could say that I am not in the situation I am with CPS, however, this in regards XXXXX XXXXX husband's toddler, and what they have done is down right jaw dropping. To the point that when detectives were involved that even they were on our side and made note to the poorly conducted investigation. They have also broken court orders and allowed the mother to break court orders, they have also given the mother confidential information that my husband conveyed to them, which clearly violates his rights. The case worker has very obviously developed a friendship with the mother and they are not afraid to hide it, which is also a conflict of interest. I know they have that immunity, but I am almost positive that will not save them from this. This immunity though, will it protect them from policies and procedures that were not followed? Thank you very much for answering.

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you with certainty whether you will be able to surpass sovereign immunity to succeed in the lawsuit. However, I can tell you that one exception to sovereign immunity involves torts when the torts do not involve discretionary acts. Further, even if the torts do involve discretionary acts, abuses of process, defamations, and malicious prosecutions can often provide exceptions to sovereign immunity.

Your attorney can fully evaluate your case to help you evaluate whether or not you wish to proceed with the matter. He can also establish, through the particularities of your case, what the best approach might be to circumvent sovereign immunity.

Please be sure to click accept. If you do not click accept, I will not receive any credit at all for my time and effort spent responding to your question.

Good luck,
T

_____________________________________

Please click the green

_____________________________________

Disclaimer

AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Attorney
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Attorney