How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RBinJax Your Own Question
RBinJax, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 731
Experience:  Attorney for 28 years. Personal injury, Social Security, family, work comp, criminal trial practice.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RBinJax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband pays for his child support and medical insurance

This answer was rated:

My husband pays for his child support and medical insurance for a child that he has with another women. She has recently moved and has not notified us of the new address, I have recently sent a letter to Child Support Office to see if they could help us to locate her. Is there anything else that we can do?

If there is a visitation order in place, the mother moving without telling your husband where probably violates it in two ways, as most orders require the parents to keep the other informed as to residence, and she is denying him visitation. This likely take going to court, but it may be the only way.

If the mother has not informed CSO where she is, you may ask that they do not send her any support payments until she advises where she is living and her residency is confirmed.

As you have sent a letter to CSO, you may want to consider sending one to the judge who oversees the case, or copying him on the one sent to CSO. As with chicken soup, it couldn't hurt.

Finally, you may hire a private investgator to try to locate her. If you do, make sure that your give him/her a budget so that the expense does not get out of hand.

I hope this answers your questions. Please click Accept so that I may be credited for my assistance. Thank you and good luck.

RBinJax and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you