How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 57339
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my daughters friend living in our home..she is now off

This answer was rated:

I have my daughters friend living in our home..she is now off to college and the friend is still here..its been abt 2 months...what is the law abt residency..what rights does a person have toward my home if they stay with us for a certain period of time..and if i have that person sign a letter releasing them of any responsiblity toward that is it valid if notarized?
The person is considered a month to month tenant. To evict the person is entitled to 30 day notice and then a court eviction action unless you negotiate for the person to leave. You can sign an agreement for her to leave in exchange for not owing rent. it can be signed by both and while notarized is ideal, it is not necessary.
INFOLAWYER and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you