How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask C.Fortunato Your Own Question
C.Fortunato, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Admitted NYS Bar, member ABA, NYSBA, NYCBA, QCBA, Licensed Real Estate Broker
Type Your Legal Question Here...
C.Fortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I force my ex-husband to pay his child support out of his

This answer was rated:

Can I force my ex-husband to pay his child support out of his own bank account (he must have one, he earns about 100K a year), or can he continue to pay out of his latest wife's account with a memo of "boys"?
You said it was her bank account. Is his name on the account also?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Only her name is XXXXX XXXXX child support check, so it appears as though it is only her account.
You are supposed to get child support from him, not from her. If the checking account is in her name only, then you are getting the support from her. Although you can accept it from her, you don't have to.
You can tell your ex-husband that if he does not pay from his own account, then you will claim that you are not receiving child support from him, which would be contempt of court.
C.Fortunato and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you