Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I have a car that i can no longer pay for i have a friend that

Customer Question

I have a car that i can no longer pay for i have a friend that will pay the balance of monthly instalment until the car is paid for the problem is she can not afford to get it refinance or get a loan what do i need to do to get this process started im realizing the tag and car will still be in my name how can i make sure that his work
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You will have to create a contract with her, in which she agrees to be responsible for the debt, or you will be able to sue her directly for breach. However, it would be a private contract that would not take away any of your personal obligations for the car to your current lenders.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what if she gets in an accident do i need to put her on my insurance,,where can i find this contract you are talking about
If she has her own insurance, as an operator she would be covered in your vehicle, so long as you do not report the vehicle as stolen. You cannot find such a contract--you would have to write it yourself. It is not as hard as it sounds. Just make sure you identify the parties, define the subject matter, explain the terms and conditions, and have both sign and date the contract, it is considered valid.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.