How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41037
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid a bankruptcy lawyer, in full, their fee in January 2009

Resolved Question:

I paid a bankruptcy lawyer, in full, their fee in January 2009 to prepare my bankruptcy forms. The forms needed some revisions that I have emailed and called them about many many times since April. I call. I email via my personal email. I email through the contact us on their website and no acknowledgment. I've been by their office twice and been assured I would get my updated forms with the revisions so I could file already and nothing. I can not afford to start over with another attorney. I was thinking about taking them to small claims court. Can I sue them?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Start with a complaint here to the State Bar of California.

Yes you can file small claims here in California here as well..
Ray and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
File your own bankruptcy here is you have to.Here are forms, instructions , and reference..