How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sponcered my wife and 2 daughters on a fiance vise we were

Resolved Question:

I sponcered my wife and 2 daughters on a fiance vise we were married and have been married for almost 2 years. This past summer She and her daughters deserted me and left. She refuses to communicate with me in any way. She claimed that she didn't like my house. She has a Green card that needs renewed next summer. I cannot get a divorce until she has been gone 1 year she has been gone over 2 months. Should I report her desertion, and to whom?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
What is your state?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I live in Ohio, where we were married, and were living together, she has moved to IL.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Here are the grounds for divorce in Ohio

No Fault (Dissolution of Marriage):
(A) On the application of either party, when husband and wife have, without interruption for one year, lived separate and apart without cohabitation;

(B) Incompatibility, unless denied by either party.

Fault (Divorce):
(A) Either party had a husband or wife living at the time of the marriage from which the divorce is sought; (B) Willful absence of the adverse party for one year; (C) Adultery; (D) Extreme cruelty; (E) Fraudulent contract; (F) Any gross neglect of duty; (G) Habitual drunkenness; (H) Imprisonment of the adverse party in a state or federal correctional institution at the time of filing the complaint; (I) Procurement of a divorce outside this state, by a husband or wife, by virtue of which the party who procured it is released from the obligations of the marriage, while those obligations remain binding upon the other party. (Ohio Code - Sections: 3105.01)

Here you can get an immediate divorce on the grounds of adultery if she has a boyfriend. You will need to hire a private investigator.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there anything I can do with Imigration? and how would I contact them?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
As long as you are married immigration is not going to care. Get divorced and then let them worry about it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The only way I can get a divorce is with a no fault, I don't know how to contact her, can I do this without her signature?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Yes, she does not have to sign. You will just need a witness to state that she has been gone for the full year.
lwpat and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you