How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118764
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2005 I had an MRI due to an suto accident. I provided the

Resolved Question:

In 2005 I had an MRI due to an suto accident. I provided the medical imaging place with my insurance info however they failed to bill it. They later sent the account to collections without my knowledge. As soon as I found this out I contacted my lawyer and disputed the mark on my credit report. The mark was removed, I never heard from this agency again and my lawyer told me not to worry about it that it was paid. To make a long story short, there were 2 auto accidents about a month apart- the lawyer I originally had settled the first but not the second and ended up in jail for unrelated things. I never got proof that he paid this collection company. Now the lawyer that is handeling the second auto accident has informed me that this collection agency is saying that I still owe the money and for DOUBLE the original amount. If I already disputed it and the bureau removed it, can they put it back on my credit report? They do not have a signed lein from anyone. What can I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The statute of limitations in Nevada is 6 years on these types of debts, so they can still pursue them. You can fight them to reduce the amount based upon their failure to bill the insurer, but no matter what you would have been liable for reimbursement whether it would have been to your insurer or to the medical provider. The fact the attorneys did not pay the bill is something you need to negotiate with the attorney and in most of these cases the attorney would be able to negotiate the amount of the bill down to something reasonable, but it would still have to be paid.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am worried about them posting this back on my credit report. Since I disputed it and the bureaus removed it, can they now repost it on my report?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
They can if it does not get paid, which is why your attorney needs to contact them and make arrangements to pay.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you