I am in Chicago,IL/USA. A dominatrix I visited is trying to…

I am in Chicago,IL/USA. A...
I am in Chicago,IL/USA. A dominatrix I visited is trying to extort $1,050 from me by threating to send copies of my emails and a photo of my bare backside, taken without my knowledge in her dungeon, to my work place, Loyola University, where I am a highly respected professor of mathematics. She has set, today, Sept. 26 at noon as deadline for payment. I fear I may lose my job if she carries out her threat. Is there any protection for me? Are there any legal possibilities to prevent the dominatrix from doing this? What should I do ?
9/26/2009
dkennedy
dkennedy, Lawyer (JD)

If you send the money, she still has the info and the photo and can keep this going for as long as she wants. You need to report this to the police, or as an alternative, just ignore her. If she send a photo, aside from one that is absolutely identifiable as you, you can just write it off as a "kook" who is probably a disgruntled student or something.

If she has a face photo of you, that's different of course.

You might contact her and tell her you are going to the police. Whether she is running a legal operation or not, she likely does not want law enforcement coming around where she does business. She is blackmailing you, and you know this. If you choose, you can file a criminal complaint against her which should end her scheme. Ask for more time to get the money, and in that time, go to the police.

If you give in to this demand, her demands will never end.

dkennedy
dkennedy, Lawyer (JD)