I sued someone for slander and libel because of things that…

Customer Question
I sued someone for slander...
I sued someone for slander and libel because of things that were said and written about me to friends and investors. Her attorney has now filed a motion to dismiss based on failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted and failure to comply NRCP9 for failure to plead with particularity.

Please advise.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
9/21/2009
Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Marsha411JD, Attorney
HelloCustomer

You can file an amended complaint that does state a claim. Without seeing what you filed it would be impossible for me to say where you failed, but essentially you must state the statutory basis (cite) for your claim. You must then state what was said, how it was said (specifics as to how it was orally or in writing said to a third party, that it was false, what your damages were, and that the person who made the statements knew or should have known they were false. Since you are doing this pro se, you may want to go to the court house and ask them for a copy of another defamation suit complaint. Often times you can use the form that was used by someone else to help draft your complaint. You want to do your amended complaint prior to any hearing on the motion to dismiss.