How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 39039
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to file a lien on property in Arizona. It is to secure

Resolved Question:

I need to file a lien on property in Arizona. It is to secure a loan. how do I do that?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 years ago.

Is this lien with the consent of the property owner, or not?


Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 8 years ago. is with consent
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 years ago.

The typical means of placing a lien on real property is with a combination of a promissory note/security agreement and a deed of trust.


I cannot provide you with the necessary documents, but I can direct you to forms available online that will accomplish the lien. These forms are not free, however, and any forms that you could find for free will probably have problems, because they will not be designed for do-it-yourself use.


This link will direct you to a webpage containing a promissory note and deed of trust. They are listed as #1 and #6 on the page. The total cost is $94. There are other forms that are less expensive, but I would be reluctant to point you towards them, because they are not provided by a licensed Arizona attorney who must stand behind them if there is a problem.


Once you have filled out the forms and have your borrower sign with a notary acknowledgement, you must record the deed of trust (but not the promissory note) with the county clerk in the county where the property is located. There will be an additional filing fee for the recording, however, the amount varies by county, so I can't tell you what it may be.


Let me know if you have further questions.



socrateaser and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you